Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slight delay

Well you may have noticed that the 15th came and went. There's been a slight delay in a datamapper release I've been waiting for. The current release uses objectspace features and those of you familiar with JRuby know that it adversely affects performance if you use them. The DM folks promise that the fix has already been applied and are rolling a release in the coming week(s?).

As soon as this happens I should be ready to roll some gem releases of my own.

I've been thinking of ripping out echoe in favor of just gemcutter anyway. Maybe I'll use the extra time to do that. If nothing else it would be nice to have both projects maintained in the same way.

1 comment:

awksedgreep said...

I forgot to mention objectspace is turned off by default in JRuby 1.5 so if I release now everyone will get errors when trying to use DM.